Monday, February 13, 2006

happy thoughts

ok, time to break away from all the melodramatics and depressive thoughts. its rare that i get this feeling of fuzzy-ness nowadays, but hey, i might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

i dont usually like kids. i mean, i used to love kids, especially my cousins, nephews and nieces younger than me, although it feels weird when a kid 4-5yrs younger than you calls you uncle when you are 11-16. my cousins, nephews and nieces were all adorable and good kids. now most of them have grown up, all becoming super yandaos and pretty gals, unlike poor old me. so there goes the adorable and cute images of them, tucked away in retro-town. but kids get on my nerves easily when i got to around 17 plus. kids running around screaming their lungs out in public places will 100% irritate the hell out of me. i always have to forcibly suppress the intention to go straight to the brats' parents and tell them off. and kids running around and screaming out loud next door early in the morning will certainly drive me mad. damn, i'm going off into negativity zone again....

anyway, i visited my relatives yesterday for the final day of the lunar new year. and there was a small brat(albeit referred to affectionally) of around 3-4 and a newborn baby(1month). the kiddo was adorable, and fun to play with. i almost forgot how much i liked kids until he got me. you probably cant imagine sad old grumpy me enjoying playing with pre-school kids. then there was the baby. excuse me while i go all-out-crazy-mode, but she is soooooooooo cute!! the way she stirs in her sleep, the way she moves when you cradle her, it just melts your heart. you just want to hold her, protect her and shower her with all your affections. adorable doesnt even come close to describing the little darling.

so thats it for all the kiddy talk now. so until the next time the neighbour's brats start yelling and screaming early in the morning, or make it any time of the day, maybe i can just tolerate kids around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home