Wednesday, February 09, 2005

taxi driver

sometimes, i feel like travis bickle. the sane part. well, i could feel like the unstable travis bickle too, but i got my smokes to save me.

Travis Bickle
: You're only as healthy as you feel.

i cant sleep at night, i wander alone at night. even if i'm loaded with work before, i still cant sleep.

Travis Bickle: Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. Damn. Days go on and on. They don't end.

i tried picking up the pencil again today, but nothing seems to come to mind. the touch of the wood doesnt feel as familiar as before and something just doesnt feels right. it seems as though something is missing. all my scrawlings are just mundane and ordinary. any 3yr old could easily replicate them. strange, cos earlier i had some ideas, but when i pick up the pencil it seems that the ideas just vapourized and left me bereft of any inspiration.

Travis Bickle: The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people

today seemed like eternity. i had no work to do, all day i lazed around the house. the quiet before the storm i guess. come tomorrow onwards, it'll most probably turn into a crazy madhouse with relatives and family friends coming and going. guess i'd need to find some safe haven to seek solace in during then.

Travis Bickle: Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home