Tuesday, November 30, 2004

movies

got some serious ranting to do, so be prepared for a long post.

there's some movies I liked. Sure, there's the past classics. But the more recent ones, I'm not sure anyone here knows of them. Maybe its just me. crazy/beautiful, equilibrium, requiem for a dream. Maybe no one else watched them before, maybe they were never released, or mass marketed. But definitely worth a watch, if not repeated viewings.

crazy/beautiful. Not exactly critically acclaimed or anything. Just another teen flick. Another fairy tale. So sue me. While I don't believe in fairy tales doesn't mean I don't watch them. kristen dunst is just fantastic and a phenomenal actress. and the soundtrack. the hauntingly beautiful theme by lori carson.

equilibrium. Picked it up when I had nothing else to do. And no new shows to watch. Never regretted it. Especially after the debacle that was matrix reloaded and to a smaller degree, revolutions. Sure, the plot line was thicker than my non-existent goatee, but one would have to admit, the gun katas were simply awesome. Sean bean is terribly under-rated as a supporting actor. and Christian bale. Day-um. He was way cooler than keanu in a black suit. After watching him in equilibrium, cant wait for batman: the beginning.

requiem for a dream. movie about junkies and their dreams. another critically acclaimed film from Darren Aronofsky. his previous film, Life of Pi was a breakthrough. requiem, for me was nothing short of brilliance. i could go on and on about the guy's brilliance as well as the movie, but i'd think the server would crash on me when i try to publish this.

in case anyone havent noticed, i'm posting an awful lot of songs, some personal, some real*gasp* songs. i cant draw anymore, so i'd guess this is just another outlet for me to vent out my feelings, which are really really crap right now. my sis says i'm skilled at this kind of stuff. i'd prefer to think of it as i have too much time. or rather, i just dont wanna do the serious stuff people do now or what I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING. ie, study, get a good job, or do well in your current job. no, i'm not creative, nor am i talented. i'm just a plain, lazy, ignorant bum waiting for someone to listen to me. to help me. to save me from my eternal despair. to pull me out of my depression.

writing in english gets kinda stale in time.

我的报应

只能怪自己
当出没有好好去珍惜
只能怪自己
当出没有张开眼睛

总是把你当着透明
总是没把你放在眼里

到了最后
才知道我是多么地需要你

你对我说过
用心去感觉
但我感觉不到东西
你对我说过
用耳去听
但我听不到任何声音
你对我说过
用眼去看
但我看到地只是模糊之影

难到这就是我所得到的爱情
难道这就是失去你的报应

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home