Sunday, November 14, 2004

eccentricity

ah, singlehood. the single most hated bane of all hormone-charged teenagers all around the world. most people need companionship and dread being all alone in the world.

however, i'm more than comfortable being alone most of the time. its not that i dont need someone significant in my life, just that i choose to be alone. no man is an island. most people tend to think of that phrase as to regards to marriage or relationships. i differ from the norm, i guess, in my interpretation of the phrase. i think more in terms of survival. food, money, entertainment. ok, maybe entertainment isnt exactly fitting in the context of survival, but think of how mundane life would be.

being comfortably single and alone does have its drawbacks, however. people tend to think of such individuals as queer, strange, or eccentric. rumours or gossips would soon fly as to regards of the individual. in the past, it would be magical powers, witchery or some other bull. i simply brush off the rumours. if anything, being alone and single gives me more time to myself to contemplate about issues and more time for myself to devote myself to my interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home